I think we know what creates many of our health issues, but we are unable to create the changes needed because we are a society of self without faith. These are powerful words, and I get that they are.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Romans 1:21
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful with a readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness, tangible or intangible. The beauty of gratitude is giving and receiving. The more we give, the more we receive, the more we receive, the more we give. It is a never-ending circle of deep joy. To be a person of gratitude is a lifestyle learned, tried, and true.
We are created to have a faith journey, a relationship with God. If we are breathing, this is for us; we are God's. In him, there is no self-centeredness because our focus is on him, and he is all about bringing others to Salvation through Jesus Christ and opening up the Holy Spirit within to guide the relationship. This is the beginning of gratitude.
When we are not in His will, his purpose, living with gratitude, our health will suffer; mentally, physically, and spiritually. To create a grateful heart allows increased happiness, a positive mood, more satisfaction with life, we are less materialistic, less likely to experience burnout, in better physical health, we sleep better, feel less fatigue, show lower levels of cellular inflammation, have a greater resiliency, and it encourages the development of patience, humility, and wisdom.
So, we can begin today ...
- Create a Gratitude notebook
- Find a time each day to record your giving and receiving.
- Pick an object, i.e., a steeple, cat, pepper shaker, or red light, etc. and each time you see this object, take a moment to say a prayer of thanksgiving.
- If you are having a terrible, very bad, rotten, no good day ... remember that someone is having a worse day and be grateful for your bailiwick.
- At night when you lay your head on the pillow, take a deep cleansing breath, and as you exhale, give gratitude for that very breath. It is in God's design.
- Let go of things that you can't change. They do stunt your gratitude growth.
- Determine that tomorrow, when you wake up that you will live the day filled with gratitude. That you will be the giver of encouragement and joy to all those that God brings into your day...because it is not by chance they are there.
Which brings me to pepper. Piperine is made up of 17 parts carbon, 19 parts hydrogen, one part nitrogen, and three parts oxygen. I know, here's my twist...
It takes one part (you) to three parts (Trinity) and a 17 to19 parts giving and receiving to cultivate the fruit of the vine.
You never know what God is going to give me through these Eyes to see that see differently!