At every opportunity, I am learning something that creates a better me. I was sitting in a board meeting in Lubbock, and I witnessed a man stand before the group and boldly share the importance of faith in Jesus Christ. Then, I watched as we viewed a movie about a one-year-old little boy who was fighting for his life and how the ECMO helped save him. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation is a treatment that uses a pump to circulate blood through an artificial lung back into the bloodstream of a very ill baby. This system provides heart-lung bypass support outside of the baby's body. The boy celebrated his 2nd birthday well and happy.
We listened to a pilgrimage story that I found applicable to my life.
- In my founding, I need to be courageous and strategic in planning my day.
- My mission is to help the community respond.
- My strategy should be simple with forwarding motion.
- My Christ-centered life should be steadfast with expressions of God's love.
- My values and attributes should reflect justice and dignity for all.
- Integrity, bravery, and compassionate care for those God places in my path is my desire.
- I must persevere with gracious humility, yet be bold in my decisions.
- I will focus on the response of the community; look more closely, see more deeply.
- I must stand firm in my faith.
- Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Romans 15:4
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
Fresh Find: This is an excellent garden sculpture made of concrete.