The church where I worship is the Church of Jesus Christ, a body of believers, we gather together with a common belief in God's Holy Word, the Bible, as our foundation. We study, worship and learn together at First Baptist Church . Plainview. The paster, Dr. Jacob West, has been doing a study on the Holy Spirit. Each one God will use for us to grow in word and deed. You may watch these at firstplainview.com
This morning, as I was listening, learning, taking notes, this is what came to me...
Pastor West was talking about the difference between filling and feeling; equipping or emotion, in regards to the Holy Spirit within us. The key word is equipped.
My thoughts were redirected to this thought.
"We are filled up, 'topped off,' with the "binding oil" of the Holy Spirit; the "gasoline" that runs our spiritual motor. The Holy Spirit equips us with all we need to start up and rev our engine as we step out to share the love of Jesus Christ. We must be sure that the label we use is Trinity; Salvation through Jesus Christ, established with God the Father, and delivered through the Holy Spirit."
What is God equipping us to do?
In a study time, I found these words absolutely awe-inspiring...
- Matthew 3:16, As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.
- Luke 3:16, John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
- John 3:16, For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16, Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
- 2 Corinthians 3:16, But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
- Ephesians 3:16, I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being.
- Philippians 3:16, Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
- Colossians 3:16, Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16, Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
- 1 Timothy 3:16, Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.
- 2 Timothy 3:16, All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
Fresh Find: Beautiful words...yes!